DOWNLOAD THIS RESUMÉ AS A DOC (MS WORD) FILE.
| Name :
|| Pankaj A Motreja
| Date of Birth :
|| 29th day of August 1982
| Sex :
| Father’s Name :
|| Amarlal K Motreja
| Address :
|| 399, 2nd Main, 5th Cross,
|| Gokulam - III Stage,
|| Mysore - 570 002
|Email id :
|| +91 0821 2510666
|Lingual Capabilities :
||Read, write and speak English and Hindi. Speak Sindhi and Kannada
Educational Qualifications :
|Course ||Institution ||Board ||Duration of the Course ||Percentage Obtained|
|C.B.S.E ||St. Joseph’s Central School ||A.I.S.S.E (CBSE) ||1988 - 1998 ||81 %|
|P.U.C ||Mahajana Pre-University College ||Karnataka P.U. Board ||1998 - 2000 ||67 % |
|B.E (Info Science)||Vidyavardhaka College of Engineering ||Visveswaraiah Technological University ||2000 - Present || 73.15 %|
Provided below are the marks secured in the past six semesters:
|Semester ||Percentage Obtained|
|I ||73.4 %|
|II ||63.0 %|
|IV ||77.0 %|
|V ||71.3 %|
|VI ||75.3 %|
Programming languages: C, C++, SQL, VB, HTML,Perl-CGI,Java.
Platforms: DOS, Windows, Unix, Linux
Assembly Level Programming : Intel 8086, Microchip PIC assembler
- Hand Held Video Game
Description : An embedded system (hand held gaming device) implemented using the PIC 16F84A microcontroller.
Programming Language : Microchip PIC Assembler
Skills Developed : Digital circuit design, Microchip PIC assembler
Description : A student record database implemented with Extendible Hashing which finds a hashed record with at most 2 read accesses.
Programming Language : C++
Skills Developed : OOP, File Structures design, Interface design.
- Car Rental Management
Description : A front desk data entry software to manage the booking of vehicles in a car rental agency considering booking date conflicts.
Programming Language : VB, SQL (Oracle 8i)
Skills Developed : Database design, Front-end interface design.
Description : GUI (text based) text editor written entirely in Intel 8086 assembler.
Programming Language : Intel 8086 Assembler.
Skills Developed : Assembly Level Programming, Interface design
- ASG (Another Stupid Game)
Description : Car race simulation game. Included development of a library of functions for handling text based graphics in C.
Programming Language : C / C++
Skills Developed : Collision Detection and Timing Algorithm design
Description : A DC power supply unit with user settable output voltage (in the range of 0-24V) and three regulated preset voltages (5V, 9V, 12V).
Skills Developed : Circuit design, soldering
- Parallel Port Tester
Description : A hard-wired circuit and software (written in C) to test the Data, Status and Control ports of a Standard Parallel Port.
Programming Language : C
Skills Developed : Circuit design, Port I/O at hardware and software levels
- Dungeons and Dragons
Description : An interactive game which employs the Multi-Thread and Graphics features of Java
Programming Language : Java
Skills Developed : Java graphics & multi-thread programming.
- Audio Streaming
Description : A Client-Server system to provide for the streaming of MP3 Audio files over a network, using UDP for transfer of data. The project involved developing an application layer protocol for control information (over TCP).
Programming Language : C (Linux)
Skills Developed : Protocol design and development, Linux system calls.
- Web Forum Service
Description : A website which allows users to post queries and replies.
Programming Language : Perl-CGI
Skills Developed : Internet programming, Website design.
- Main organizer for the annual college cultural fest, VIDYUTH for the year 2003
- Member of the Organization Committee and Poster design committee, for the
college’s annual cultural fest, VIDYUTH, for the years 2001 and 2003.
- Represented the college in the state-level VTU Fest for the academic year 2002-
- Member of the Cultural Committee of Vidyavardhaka College of Engineering
for the period 2001-2003.
- Participated in competitions and won many prizes in various college fests
held in Mysore for competitions like Dumb Charades, Skit, Mad Ads, Movie
Spoof, Western Music Competition etc.
- Member of ACCESS (Computer Science & Information Science Department
committee) for the academic year 2001-2002
- Co-Founder of Next Step, a self help group aimed at improving leadership and
communication skills with an impetus on job placement.
- Co-Founder and editor of ‘The Communique’, class newsletter during the period
- Member of the college Rock band (Rhythm and Bass Guitar)
- Attended FEEL - Human Resource Development Program conducted by ‘Center
for Leadership and Human Resource Development (CLHRD) ’, Mangalore.
- Design & Editing of a short audio/video clip which was screened as part of the
World Environment Day Celebrations 2002 in college.
- Received a certificate for academic excellence from St. Joseph’s Central School
for the year 1994-1995
- Acquired a distinction in the ‘C/C++ Programming’ course at Yashas Softech,
Mysore in the year 2000
Biking, music (Guitar), reading, theatre, photo editing, numismatics, philately.